Thread: FACTS
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #19
EarnedStripes44

I am a realist, not some bleeding heart the-puppy-is-so-cute idealist. It is what, what it is...

With regards to election reform, I think an election ballot should be printed in whatever language a REGISTERED voter requests them in, and did you know most people don't vote anyway, especially blacks and latinos. I travelled to Europe, amongst other places, the French are more intolerant of foreigners than you are, but in there airports, like Charles de Gaulle, there are signs in several languages, not just romance languages either. In their train stations, the same. I think multiple language profiency should be mandatory in public schools, it was in mine. Kids in inner city public schools I tutored in can barely pass a profiency english exam. We are going to need these things in the long run. Multi-linguistics is in our national interest. Imagine the intelligence that could be gathered, lives and limbs saved, cheap gas had, defense spending re-directed if we had more Arabic translators in the middle east, on the ground with our troops, there is a shortage you know. No shortage of complacency and ignorance however. Do you even know what globalization means bro? You better learn chinese, because although you may have never owned slaves, me and you both owe $30,000 dollars a piece (by virtue of being naturalized american citizens reaping that high standard of living) to someone who is not an american, probably some Chinese bank. That 30 grand is going to keep going up exponentially. We are living on borrowed time bro, in a world a lot bigger than what the American official language (refer to post #10) should be, no wet dreams, no time to sleep. We have got to fix what we already have. We work harder for less. No guilt over here, gratitude more than anything else.

i'm gonna get to supreme court race thing too...It's just I am at work, but I have not forgot about you....