View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 02:50 PM   #177
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"I said Vermont has school choice, and by your definition it is a liberal state. If that makes you a liar"

Right, right. If I say "liberals oppose school choice", and you can find a liberal who doesn't oppose school choice, that makes me a liar. So you're also lying if you say "conservatives oppose abortion", because there are some who support abortion. My fault, I sometimes forget how stupid you are. We can't accurately state the general positions the two parties have. Because you don't comprehend it.

"For the same reason the rest of us can't use our tax dollars as we choose."

No no, you are lying! Because there are some places that allow school choice, including the use of tax dollars at religious schools. Liar! In fact, the Supreme Court (Zelman case) specifically upheld this as constitutional. Got any more falsehoods to spew? Do you ever stop making stuff up? Look up the Zelman case, tell me what it said?

Your side just doesn't want those blacks to succeed, any more than they wanted them to escape plantations in the 1800s.. You're still missing that history lesson about the Southern Strategy

You don't get invited to too many MENSA picnics, do you?
You obviously don't live in Vermont, where paying for school choice is currently under litigation.

The State Board took care to emphasize in its ruling that the order is not setting a precedent. The constitutional principles that govern the appeals are “complicated and not fully settled,” the board wrote, adding later that it could not, “in this context, provide any binding direction to school districts.”

Here's a pretty good lesson about the Southern strategy and how it worked.

https://www.facingsouth.org/2021/01/...thern-strategy

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin