View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #2
EliTheBeerGuy

That seems a little high to me for a 2013 Revo. Pre-2014 the seats in the Revo and Outback were the soft, wet-butt style seats. In 2014 they improved to the raised and far more comfortable Vantage Seat.

Revo is a little sleeker and faster than the Outback, but feels a little tippy. Secondary stability is still excellent, you almost have to force it to get it to roll. In calm water, sitting side-saddle with feet in the water isn't out of the question. Standing in a Revo is pretty difficult, I've seen it done and did it in my old Revo, but I don't think fishing while standing is an option.

If you're looking to stand and fish, and looking for an all-around kayak, I'd look for an Outback. 2014 or later. There's quite a few coming and going becuase in 2019 they totally redesigned the hull and a lot of guys sold their older versions. I have both a 2016 and a 2018 Outback and I love them, no intention here to swap to newer ones at this time. Standing and fishing in calmer water is definitely an option here. I do a lot of standing and sight casting in freshwater.

I would recommend avoiding the BKC - for that matter anything with that circular bicycle motion is a far less efficient drive.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have. Shoot me a private message.

- EliTheBeerGuy
aka Elliot
Elliot@247Lures.com
EliTheBeerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote