View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #19
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"You send out an agent(s) to get them"

What if when the agent gets there, they aren't exactly where they were, when they were caught on camera? What if the nearest agent is 20 miles away when they are caught on camera? Are we going to have a drone follow each person, to lead an agent to each person? I guess that could work. The areas we are talking about don't have the massive amount of people say Larado Tx does. If they are in the desert you have the drone follow them or follow their tracks. What currently happens is the agents follow their tracks. Again, we are talking about trecks across the desert,

"While the Trumpanists (i guess you are either an anti Trumper or the opposite)"

Here's what I am. I am someone who thinks he's an awful human being, who is doing some really good things as POTUS, and some bad things as POTUS, but more good than bad in terms of policy (not behavior). Categorize that any way you want.

""Nearly every lawmaker who represents a district or state along the U.S.-Mexico border — including two Republicans — either opposes outright or more quietly declines to support President Donald Trump’s $5.7 billion request for a border wall, according to a survey conducted by POLITICO."

The lawmakers and border patrol agents that I have seen on TV (not a credible sample perhaps), overwhelmingly say it will help. I'll trust law enforcement, WAY before I trust a politician. Especially in the Trump era, where all that matters is making him look bad.
There would be no advantage to the Repubs. along the border to make Trump look bad. Hurd and Cornyn are both against the "wall".