Thread: Really?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:39 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Presidential to me means treating your constituents with respect, regardless of differences of opinions. Presidential to me means not threatening someone's seat in the house if they don't fall in line, regardless of the fact they are doing the job they were elected to do. Presidential to me means honoring anyone's wish to serve and lay down their lives for our country, regardless of gender; especially when you promised to do just that. Presidential to me means trusting in those in your own admistration and not treating them like dog #^&#^&#^&#^& when they do the right thing. Send him some size 16 clown shoes, he would wear them well.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The eight Presidents you listed: "Franklin D. Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, Harry S. Truman, Woodrow Wilson, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Andrew Jackson, and John F. Kennedy" would not, actually, fit your definition of being Presidential. Some a bit closer to it than others, but none would pass your whole test, nor completely, any part of it. The worst would have been Franklin Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson who were far worse than Trump re your test. The others would all fail in varying degrees, Ike being the least unpresidential (most presidential) re your definition.

By the time Trump finishes his stint, he may fall somewhere in the mix of Presidents you've mentioned or he might wind up being more "Presidential" according to your qualifications than all of them.