View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 11:44 AM   #10
BIGMAX

The shark didn't tow me too bad as I was anchored in for most of the fight. I didn't unlease the anchor til I saw the tail at the yak. I was worried he might make a hard dive and flip me which is when I unhooked him. Held the tip at the bow and let leverage do the work.
I am about 3bills myself, so I have to say I have about 400-450 total on board.Your scupper holes will let you know when enough is enough. My max limit is 600 on the X, and I just got a Prowler Big Game which holds 600 as well. I am dressing it up for the spring, and my son will get the X. I am by no means the fastest yak in the water, and I am jealous of those faster and sleeker units...but If you tote the gear I do (including myself)...then your choice is already made.
My motivation comes from all the local hazing I used get about kayak fishing. It seems that all the kayak jokes have settled down for the time being. Sure there's lots of places I'll never be able to go to in a yak, but I am going to give the big guys a run for thier money with the places I can go. My advice to you is ...DO IT! ...as this is'nt a dress rehersal and you only go around the block once.

Tightlines
BIGMAX
BIGMAX is offline   Reply With Quote