View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 11:45 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
economic growth has peaked at 3.5% in two of the ten quarters of Trump’s presidency

3.5% is strong

but when Trump says it’s the best economy ever, remember: 3.5% would rank as Obama’s 7th-best quarter of growth, GWB’s 8th-best, and Clinton’s 18th-best
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I think Trump was referring to the "economy" not to a given quarter but to the yearly average along with other factors. Then again, can't always tell what the Don means. With the exception of you and yours. You always no what he exactly means. And you're usually wrong. But that's OK. Cause you're a good guy. Unlike, of course, Trump. He's all those bad things you keep calling him.

When Trump says something he's done is the best ever, I take it with a grain of salt. But, I know . . . I know . . . I should really understand that he is a con man.
As usual when the facts conflict with Trump's statements, you deflect to something else.

Here are some more fun facts
1. GDP Growth Was Higher on Average under Obama in 2014 and 2015 Than Compared to Trump in 2017 and 2018
2. Monthly Job Growth Was Higher under Obama Than in Trump’s First Two Years
3. The Unemployment Rate Was Falling Faster under Obama in 2014 and 2015 than in Trump’s First Two Years
4. Growth in the Employment-to-Population Rate Has Slowed under Trump
5. Wage Growth Grew Sharply in 2016 and 2017—Until 2018, When It Slowed
6. The Racial Pay Gap Declined in Obama’s Final Years—It Has Widened Under Trump
7. Adult and Child Poverty Rates Have Fallen—But Much Faster under Obama
8. The Federal Deficit Is Growing Rapidly under Trump
9. Growth in Worker Productivity Rose Slowly under Both Trump and Obama—But Remains Weak under Trump
10. Despite Trump’s Massive Corporate Tax Cuts, Business Investment Isn’t Growing “Like Never Before”
11. It’s True Stocks Are at Their Highest Levels—But Stock Prices Grew Faster after the Reelections of Both Clinton and Obama
12. A new report from The Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism, headquartered at California State University in San Bernardino, has found that hate crimes rose 9% in 30 major American cities in 2018. That is the steepest rise since 2015 and the total number of hate crimes has now gone up for the fifth consecutive year. That is despite overall U.S. crime rates continuing to fall across the cities included in the report.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin