View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #14
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

Had a pretty good season in the salt (pretty much only fished salt). Things started off very slow in May and June, thought the season was going to be great after getting into a ton of Schoolies at my early spots, but then it just fell off. I was still always able to squeeze out enough fish to keep me satisfied, had a handful of trips where I was able to get some fish on live macks which is just a blast in the kayak.

I took a brief hiatus as I moved in July, and things were still slow in July and August, I was able to locate live bait fairly easily and would have days where I would load the freezer with all the macks I caught that weren't consumed (ended up feeding most of those as chunk bait to fish off the beach at night). A few times, I took the live macks off and went back to the tube and worm and got into a bunch of schoolies, with was fine with me.

Things got better in late summer, the fish moved back into the rocks and I had some nice trips with multiple decent fish. The pollock moved in big time in September so I started live lining those little bastages to bass as well, which was great. No broken records but it ended up decent in the end.
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote