View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #22
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
But to suggest that losing the war to Nazi Germany would have led to anything good is sick. The subject of your post has absolutely nothing to do with losing the war, nor the sacrifice made on our behalf by another generation. %$%$%$%$ing make me sick with comments like this. Bet you wouldn't have the balls to serve your country..... Before we ever meet face to face, I hope you and Eben, will have publicly stated to those that have served, and our families, exactly where you stand. This just is NOT up for discussion.
Nebe was posting a hypothetical and relative response for the sake of arguement in which he made a point that more than one person has found some value in.

A knee-jerk response based on ignorance or rage does not add value to the debate.

To say someone like myself doesn't have balls to serve our country without actually knowing me is absurd, pithy and downright pathetic.

It just might be, that I'm someone you want in your foxhole.

It's also indirectly an insult to those who do or have served as it's dissing that for which they serve for. The freedom to express one's opinion without fear of reproach.

This is not the place for threats.

-spence