View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 09:29 PM   #20
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
If I'm around I'll come either way, but I wonder if smaller might be better.

It strikes me that there are not enough amateur guys building anymore to support the old model.....and I doubt that we could get enough commercial guys to show up and sell plugs like at the NJ shows.

Perhaps a condition of attending is that you have to bring something to show (or perhaps to feed) others. Mostly this would be our winter's output, but it could also include older stuff we've made, vintage tackle, rods, bags, pictures, tools, jigs, etc. Everybody there has or shares a table and needs to put something on it. Keep it only a few hours long. Include food, beer, and a small venue to keep people together. No contests, no raffles, no rules about selling or not selling (that's your business).

As for fundraising, everyone attending shares the cost of the venue and everyone donates a plug to the site, the collection of which can then be raffled off on line as a single item (rather than auctioned piece meal) at a latter date.

So we should ask for a bartender?

rules, I don't like rules either

I agree George, everyone pitch in. sounds good

If we can get people like Bigfish and Rockfish9(17 or is it 19?) to come too again, that would be nice.

let's make it a good time

as far as how long, people can come and leave on their own time but we usually have it begin about 8:30 or so and end early afternoon. A few stay to help cleanup so we can get the cleaning deposit back.

Food is always more than welcome, there is a kitchen to warm stuff up in

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote