View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 06:57 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
Originally posted by RIJIMMY
Spence, did you see the movie Seven? I have seen similar footage on CSI in which they are showing autopsies on decomposing bodies, rotting flesh and all.
Yes, I've seen Seven...great movie.

It's not just the imagery, but the overall intensity that's too much for kids. There are scenes in SPR that are extremely intense...Speilberg did an amazing job of recreating what war must really feel like on screen.

I don't want my kids knowing what war is like...not yet at least. Older kids maybe, but not younger ones.

As for MTV and the reality shows. I think they should all be removed from TV and Cable. I'm sure some have a bit of entertainment but for the large part they are mindless containers for advertising. MTV should simply be shut off...it's that bad.

I was more than happy to see Stern get booted. Probably the only thing this administration did that I agree with.

I'm not for censorship, not in the least. But I am for responsibility and providing a good environment to raise kids. Parenting is made much more difficult when you can't let your kids watch public TV or listen to the radio. They have freakin bleeped out swear words all over TLC and HGTV for christmas sake. It's gone too far...

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote