View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 10:40 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Why has the middle class shrunk so much ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Great question. Presumably, Bernie Sanders would say it's because of the GOP. Presumably, you would accept that without any evidence. The problem is, here in CT, for the last 50 years, the legislature and executive branches have been dominated by Democrats...very liberal Democrats. What the Dmeocrats have done here in CT, is make it as attarctive a place as possible for those who want to be on welfare, and they've made it as expensive and difficult as possible for those that want to work. Inevitably, you lose workers (middle class) and gain welfare recipients, and eventually, you go broke.

I have lived in CT my whole life, and boy would I love to hear how conservative principles are responsible for ANYTHING in this Marxist utopia. Even our rare Republican governors, were usually liberals. Nowhere in this political landscape, is there any hint of a conservative footprint. It's as blue as it gets. And it has been an abject failure.

The middle class has shrunk because as taxes and the cost of living have escalated, the middle class has found they can get a much better deal in places like NC and TN. And no decrease in quality o flife to accompany the lower cost of living.