View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #1
Rockfish9

Jointed bottle eel

I posted awhile back that I had one more plug I was working on other than that I was done for the season... well I'm officialy done..

I've been working on this for two seasons now and finaly have it where I want it... I wanted a slim eel like plug that cast well, was large(of coarse) could be fished fast or slow high on top or down deep...

My soloution was a bottle type plug, I like the action of jointeds, especialy when retrieved slowly...bottle dont roll out and cast well, so the bottle seemed to fit the bill to perfection....

the plug is 10" long less the bucktail and feather teaser tail, made of WRC,it weighs 3 ounces, the rear section has been grooved for an eels skin, a pair of 3/0 VMC trebles gaurd the fort,in testing yesteday afternoon, I caught 3 largemout bass and about a 3lb pickerel on the test subjects...I'm sure the stripers will like it equaly as well..

Ultra slow retrieve allows the plug to snake it's away along the surfce, IMHO very eel like leaving a nice V wake, faster retrieve seems to tighten up the wiggle, again IMHO it looks like a baitfish fleeing danger, but the plug holds fast even if fast water.. I'm pleased... trial by fire will be in a few weeks....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jointed bottle eel.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	27041   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jointed bottle eel (3).jpg
Views:	399
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	27042  
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote