Thread: No CUPCAKES!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #16
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
Let's see.....
The schools have regulated/banned recess, for those that still have it, you can't run, play tag or any other PHYSICAL ACTIVITY!
So they kids can't burn any calories, yet the school sees itself "fit" to serve what "they" consider a healthy, nutritious lunch (provided they aren't serving WWII K-rations or expired-date food) and the school now wants to dictate that because some kids may be overweight (due to the school as much as the parents) they want to further control what your kids can do at school.

Maybe if these idiots were spending as much time, money and energy on TEACHING instead of wasting it on dietary concerns they help create, maybe just maybe the kids would be better suited to face the daily challeges of EDUCATION and not counting calories!!!

It's mental giants like these that make me wonder what am I paying taxes for in the first place. I think every school board in the country should lead by example. Before they institute ANY mandate, change any school rule, or create any assinine food law they should have to apply it to themselves FIRST.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all