View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 09:38 AM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
yes if you blame the VA, it is a cop out I agree
there is plenty of blame to go around if you look for blame.

I'm saying it should not happen
there is a cause and effect there

we need to take better care for our vets

prisoners have better health and dental than even the guards at some prisons, there is real disconnect.

Veterans are being better treated than at any time in our history .. in all areas health care, and other services and how the public views their service are all great , But with any group there are always a small but vocal group use the veteran title as an excuse or get out of jail free card for bad behavior or as a political football

the public really has no Idea how the VA works.. Just because you do 4yrs does not give you a lifetime of free medical care it gets you Basic Eligibility or Enhanced Eligibility

My father was a LT in the Navy retired 25 years he could use the base medical until he was 65 then got bounced to the VA or Medi Care (nam era Vet)

I retired 23 years as an E-7 if I had not been injured in Iraq (IED) I would have only had limited VA Services i think 180 days from discharge but with the injury I have Enhanced Eligibility.. so i use the VA for those issues and Have no complaints and my normal healthcare for everything else

its not a perfect system nor is it the nightmare some would have you think it is ... I guess like anything else some VA experiences are not the same for everyone