View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #20
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
noone to blame in a tragedy...everyone involved is a victim of an unavoidable event.....is that really where you want to stand on this one?
Who said anything about no one being blamed? I have said over and over again someone dropped the ball on this.

From my desk copy of Websters:
Tragedy
1: a medieval narrative poem or tale typically describing the downfall of a great man
2 a : a disastrous event

That's the form of the word I'll stick to. Yes, this is a disastrous effect. Occurring a few days before Veterans day it is a TRAGEDY in my mind.

You guys see terrorism, I see a nut job shooting up his workplace. How many Christian nut jobs have walked into churches and opened fire at their own? I can think of the Knoxville case and a few others. How many non-religious people have walked into a post office or office building and shot it up. Was that terrorism? How about, the timely topic of John Allen Muhammad? Was he a terrorist? He incited fear? No, he was a mass murder and executed as one. JD mentioned the Va Tech shootings. Was he a terrorist? Or just a maladjusted nutjob.

Ultimately, we're arguing about a terrible thing this nut job, who killed 13 innocent people did. What we decide to call it is pretty irrelevant. What I do not want is my son to grow up thinking everyone with a name like Hussein COULD be a TERRORIST just because he is Muslim. There are horrible people in this world of all faiths, creeds and colors. Unfortunately, this has to be the lesson.

Happy Veteran's day to all that served.

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 11-11-2009 at 08:35 AM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"