View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #22
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
20 years active duty navy, stationed in Japan for 6 years, completed three 6 month deployments to the Gulf and three 6 month deployments to South America. I have been to just about every country in South America and Asia. We as a country cannot feed and help the world by bringing their people to America. Our resources are finite and in the end all you will do is make the US just as bad.

We need to stop giving "handouts" and start giving jobs and opportunity. Want to immigrate to the US, we should have a job site, where people can view jobs and locations, apply for the job, get hired, pass a back ground check and poof, now you are a legal immigrant that is helping the country and not hindering it.

We are the "Land of Opportunity", not "Lactation Nation" where we breast feed you from cradle to grave. Try to feed the world and you will end up very dried up and sagging to your knees.

Immigration should be connected with employment and opportunity and not based entirely on charity.
First, thanks for your service. I agree that immigration should be tied to jobs, value or education. I certainly agree we enable far too many in this country to just coast on the free ride, but while I don't know the percentages; I'd bet the majority of those freeloaders are born and breed right here. I agree with states tying medicaid to jobs or volunteer work, if you are able bodied you should be working for the free meal or housing.

This thread started out of disgust for the comments made by our super sensitive POTUS, I don't think we were talking about feeding the world. Helping a select group of motivated and smart individuals get out of their sh*thole countries to either help our economy or to get educated to return and help their country is smart and proactive on our part. The more educated and resourceful immigrants we return to help their sh*thole countries, the less of a burden they are to those countries assisting them financially or with relief efforts.