View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 10:01 AM   #37
sokinwet

NACL H20 - I pride myself on being an independent thinker and don't jump on anyones bandwagon without thorough examination of positions. On one side I am a hunter and gun owner, I have lost job opportunities to affirmative action and I deplore the attitude that we should be appoligists for the past and advocates for every fringe group, which puts me at odd's with many in the Democratic party. On the other end of the spectrum I am an environmenalist and I see the republicans as anti environment; I work in the housing field and have seen the republican administration throw the middle class under the bus when it comes to it's housing policies; I am not a religious person and I see the republicans pandering to religious conservatives; I am a parent who has seen the administration slash college financial aid while pushing for corporate and capital gains tax reductions; I have seen billions go to Iraq while our own cities suffer; I have seen oil companies make record profits while I suffer to fill the tank in my boat; I have seen the administrative take unprecedented actions in their secrecy and refusal to participate in the checks and balances of government; I have seen the administration controlled by neo-cons who have used current events to push the doctrines of the PNAC. And you're right , I have never been a GB supporter and have never been afraid to speak my opinion for 55 years. I'll paraphrase Regan by asking you "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago? By the way is that your picture in your avatar?
sokinwet is offline   Reply With Quote