Thread: Another genius
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #25
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshCappa View Post
I think we need to cut this guy some slack. I don't think he's a moron and based what he's going through with his illness and his deadpan sense of comedy this was taken the wrong way by many. I guess he has a good sense of humor but in a very dry way.

Johnson’s office said the boss is simply a tremendous deadpan — and that he was using a facetious metaphor.

Here’s a formal response from Johnson, via his spokesman:

“I wasn’t suggesting that the island of Guam would literally tip over,” said Johnson. “I was using a metaphor to say that with the addition of 8,000 Marines and their dependents – an additional 80,000 people during peak construction to the port on the tiny island with a population of 180,000 – could be a tipping point which would adversely affect the island’s fragile ecosystem and over burden its already overstressed infrastructure.

“Having traveled to Guam last year, I saw firsthand how this beautiful – but vulnerable island – is already overburdened, and I was simply voicing my concerns that the addition of that many people could tip the delicate balance and do harm to Guam.”

Next time, Johnson might want to smile when he says that.
So it wasn't his illness..it was a joke. I'm sure the Admiral has nothing better to do then answer questions from a funny guy. Brilliant sense of humor for someone suffering with Hep C. I'm not buying it, but then I didn't fall for Obama either.
Well at least I'm not poking fun at the Special Olympics. That would be indefensible.