View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 04:11 PM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump took credit for the bull market during his first year, I wonder if he will take credit for what appears to be a long overdue correction in the market these past few days, which most thought was soon to come.

I sure did enjoy the run, but even the great and powerful OZ (Trump) can't stop what's happening now, but he probably will blame someone else for it.
Not sure what he has to deflect blame for, tor what he should be trying to stop...the market is still up a lot on his watch.

Inflation has nowhere to go but up, interest rates have nowhere to go but up.

If the market keeps doing what it did today he will have much to answer for, nothing unfair about that. I heard the selloff was based on fear that they'd raise interest rates to head off inflation, and that inflation fears were stoked by a strong jobs/earnings report.

It's funny, you'd think a strong jobs/earnings report would be favorable to the market, which makes it a good thing I'm not a financial advisor.

As the tax cuts are realized, you have to think consumer spending will increase, could make inflation fears more legitimate.