View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 04:42 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Trump policy charged ALL parents and separated ALL children"

If we're talking about people who came here illegally, aren't they all criminals? At least until some might be designated as refugees seeking asylum?

Two different groups by law, illegal immigrants and asylum seekers

The choice of how the illegal immigrants are charged, whether or not to separate them was the Trump administrations and differed from prior administrations, it sounds like you think separating parents and children is a good thing.
We operate under the rule of law. The law says you may apply for asylum no matter how you entered the country. If you and Trump don't like it, change the law. They then also chose to separate parents and children, unlike their predecessors.

Also, a lot of the criticism of Trump on this issue, was the cages themselves, not the differentiation between criminals and non criminals.

"WALLS are not needed perhaps fences in some locations"

Again, that's NOT what the democrats voted said in 2006 and 2013, and NO ONE said walls were unnecessary or immoral then. No one said that. How come?

Obama's head of the Border Patrol, as well as 80% of border patrol agents polled., saw that increased barriers will help. They're all wrong?

Polls can be designed to give you the answer you want, would land mines help? Pretty likely they would and might even get a majority to say so, does that make it the correct solution?

Now you are trying to split hairs between a wall and a fence. You're also saying that walls might help in some areas, which is what Trump is proposing. He' snot proposing a wall from coast to coast, just in the areas where experts say they'll do the most good. So you seem to be agreeing with him!

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Jeb Bush just talked about my border proposal to build a "fence." It's not a fence, Jeb, it's a WALL, and there's a BIG difference!

"Who in the Obama campaign or administration was charged with a crime or convicted of one?"

People under his watch used the IRS as a club against conservatives, who did nothing wrong except be conservative. And his Sec State, HRC, might well have been charged, but Bill had that private meeting with the AG on his plane with no reporters allowed to hear it, so who knows...But you are correct, Trump has surrounded himself with some very crooked people.

"I do find it comical that Trump chooses the place he avoided as a young adult "

Do you know who Senator Blumenthal is, from my state of CT? Do you know what he did? I've never seen you complain about it...he lied, multiple times, about serving in Vietnam. After he got caught, he got elected, and was put on the Armed Services Committee. Can't make that up.
I know who he is and I also know Blumenthal did something I have never seen Trump do ever, not even close:
"At times when I have sought to honor veterans, I have not been as clear or precise as I should have been about my service in the Marine Corps Reserves,'' Blumenthal said in the statement. "I have firmly and clearly expressed regret and taken responsibility for my words. I have made mistakes and I am sorry. I truly regret offending anyone. I will always champion the cause of Connecticut's and our nation's veterans."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin