View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 08:47 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
67% of the covid deaths in the past 5 months came from the 20 lowest vaxxed states & FL & TX

South African scientists report that the areas with the greatest % of unvaccinated & the most prior Deltq infection are getting hit hardest.

We have an area like that. It’s called Florida. It’s the South. It’s many red states around the country.

The strategy— most closely associated with Scott Atlas, formerly of the Trump White House—called “natural herd immunity” is prevailing wisdom in areas that voted for Donald Trump or who listen to some of their political leaders.

That strategy was already costly on its face. 65% of Republican adults are vaccinated compared to 90% of Democrats.

And new data shows that has led to a 50% higher death rate in Republican states.

Getting infected and letting COVID run wild isn’t particularly smart for other reasons. I mean other than just that it kills people.

The more spread, the more chances for a virus to mutate. The more mutations, the more chance of a variant of concern.

This strategy of playing with fire by not getting vaccinated & then getting COVID has kept case counts & deaths high.

But now it turns out that the 10s of millions of people who thought they had immunity aren’t immune, many who didn’t really want COVID. That’s bad news.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you picked a 5 month window when people inthe north are outside, and people in Florida are staying inside. gee i wonder why you picked that particular window? Florida’s case counts are way, way down now that people are outside. let’s ignore that.

“if you look at florida’s worst single day, and compare it to Mew York’s best single day, Florida is way worse!”

keep cherry picking, Pete.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device