Thread: Ocean closed
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Scott all I know is that the tea party points fingers at big government and the poor as a big problem. The bigger problem is the fact that there are so many good jobs that are now gone. Outsourced. Poof. Just think what this country would be like if that never happened. Who's to blame for that??
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"I know is that the tea party points fingers at big government and the poor as a big problem"

You don't "know that", because it's patently false. We don't view the poor as a "problem", if we did, why do studies show that conservatives give more money to charity than liberals? What we see as a 'problem', i sthe liberal approach to poverty, which is to get the poor addicted to welfare, and this make it almost impossible to escape poverty. We want to help lift people out of poverty. Our approach, instead of giving them cash (which many use to buy cigarettes and alcohol), i sto help them aquire skills to better themselves. At least, that's the best solution for those that have the ability to help themselves. Is that offensive to you?

So whoever told you that the tea party views poor peope as a "problem", lied to you.

"The bigger problem is the fact that there are so many good jobs that are now gone. Outsourced. Poof. Just think what this country would be like if that never happened"

If that nevcer happened, then we'd all be paying twice as much for everything we buy. The economy became globalized, and China's cost of doing business is a lot lower than ours. One could argue that many Americans are better off for it, because many items are so much cheaper than they used to be.

The problem is that we need a better structure to get people the skills they need to transfer from manufacturing to the jobs that do exist...in another thread, somneone correctly mentioned that companies can't find qualified machinists. There are tons of healthcare jobs as well. Those are the fields that kids need to prepare for.

"Who's to blame for that??"

No one. It just happened, and there was no way to stop it.