View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #11
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I just watched the list.....Eddie is not a top 30 let alone rubbing elbows with Clapton, Page and Hendrix! I will say this about Pete Townsend's ability and I think anyone on this list must have and that is soul and heart and feeling when they play and Pete does have that! As for the "Speed Metal Mess" that guys like the number 29 and 30 and Yngve (whatever) Joe Satriani and Steve Vai.....yeah boy they can play fast and loud.....but there is no soul in what they play.....just a bunch of noise!!! Frank??? Yeah Paul......Frank was very talented.....plays with soul and heart and conviction! The top 3 I have no argument with placement there......there are times when I hear Jimmy Page play and I can't believe he is human.......definitely top 3.....Hendrix at number 1 no argument there......Claptons body of work is hands down better than anyone else on the planet!!!! Duane, Jimmy and SRV gone too soon.........these guys are top 10 all day long!!!!

Also as big a fan of George Harrison as I am.....he is out of place that high on the list considering some of the notable omissions!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote