View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #23
iamskippy

I read that post, the issue is not tossing the weight because i use a 2-5 mojo now and i make a 4oz disappear, that is not the issue. I want more backbone on the jig and hookset, to pull the fish out of that deep water. Im really thinking the 1328 is probably going to be the right rod, and the 1261MH is a close second. I am weighing the advantages/disadvantages of each vs cost at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
A quote below from the Century thread earlier...you sure you need the 1328? It took me a little bit to get used to , you know you were next to me most of the time...I still think you should try mine before commiting to the 1328, it might be too much for your back/neck..MikeP posted in the Century thread a while ago,heres his opinion of the 1327

"I can tell you that the 11' HJ 1327 tosses and lifts a 3 oz head and Sluggo as easily as any rod that I've ever fished. It's not "just" a plugging rod. IMO it's a very versatile Canal tool. I think it can easily handle another ounce or two. But on these off tides, 3 oz is all I need to stay down."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote