View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #17
FishermanTim

Like the old business mantra "People fail to plan, not plan to fail"!

If you think things are bad, that you're heading downhill, and the fishing seems like it's worse than before you need to change your perspective!

Even a simple change in your approach can reap rewards!

I'm 56, and 5-6 years back I needed to have knee surgery for torn cartilage. Before the surgery when I was asked in the consult what my expectations were afterwards, I stated plain and simply "I want to be able to walk without pain".

Now, although I am a heavy individual, I try to stay active, and keep in shape (relative for my age).
I don't fish as many times a year like I used to, but I do fish year round. Fresh, salt, surf, shore, ice and kayak.

So this year wasn't great? Well, neither was mine, but I found some great fresh water kayak fishing that made up for it.

If you want to stay "young at heart" you need to stay active!

My simple plan whenever I go fishing, regardless of when and where, is that if I can catch just one fish I will be happy.
If I catch more than one, it's even better.

So, bottom line...you might need an attitude adjustment to change your perspective and find your own nirvana!

Good luck and keep you line in the water!

Oh, and I make it a point to enjoy whatever scenery I encounter, flora and fauna combined.
Taking pics can aid in your "fish tales"....

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote