View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 07:39 AM   #40
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
2018: in the senate, the GOP could not have better hand-picked which seats are up for re-election. There are twice as many democrats up for re-election as republicans. And I believe there is one Republican up for re election in a state that Hilary won, and 8 or 9 democrats up in states that Trump won. It would take a major event for the democrats to pick up seats in the senate. And that could happen.

You may be right in the house. Or, if the Dow is at 30,000, unemployment is at 3%, and 80% of Americans are actually seeing a small bump in their net take home pay, they might remember that not a single democrat voted for any of that. That's the gamble with tax reform. It's why the democrats are scared sh*tless of that bill.

In 2020 I think Trump steps down, and Pence runs, hopefully with Nikki Haley. Unless God answers my prayers and Condaleeza Rice steps up. Lie-awatha will run for the Democats, maybe Sanders too. Can't see anyone else on the horizon, Chris Murphy (God help us) maybe...
You are not wrong on the senate, but even if it falls on the same lines one or two seats either way are huge. If Bannon gets involved and makes the gop voters divisive, all bets are off...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"