Thread: 10 MILLION
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #16
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

very well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
No, and therein lies part of the rub. For the huddled masses yearning to breathe free and make a better life for themselves and their families, it is crucial and it is simply the right thing to do to make this change the legal way. The object is to become American, a citizen of the United States. Not to exploit other Americans, and to exploit the United States. Come here and work with me, be my friend, and help us build our country, what is supposed to be the greatest nation on earth - for all of its failings. Come to take advantage of my country, to not be my friend, or to exploit my freinds, yeh, I have a problem with that - there is the door

Too much to ask? A little sacrifice perhaps to better one's self AND one's new country? To actually abide by the laws of the new place you want to call home?

Noticed this myself in response to any contrary thinking. Lots of "I see your point", "your making my point", "similar to where I was going but,..." Yes, Spince is good. We like you Spince, but you do often seem to operate from a Talking Points approach instead of from the heart or mind or perhaps even core beliefs - or is the Talking Point the core belief?? .

I don't think we are to blame for making our country attractive, our country should be attractive and it should be more accessible to those that come through legally. Otherwise, I agree with you