View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I would love to test trial one but I missed the Monahan's event and I wasn't sure if I was ready to sell the McKee Craft. The broker received a deposit today so the boat hopefully is sold.

I've been mulling over whether I want to go small aluminum V-Hull and small four stroke to mix up lighter salt water and get back to freshwater, or kayak. Having had back surgury three years back I was concerned about comfort in a kayak, but I sat in an Outback at Monahan's today and the new seat design seems extremely comfortably.

So I have a couple questions for Hobie mirage owners. Does the sterling get loose so it constantly needs attention, or can you set to adjust for tide, wide or drift?

Is a heavy boat wake a serious concern, while it seems to be a stable boat, it's obviously low to the water?

How wet is this boat? For different water temperatures, what are the adjustments in clothing, newbie would like to know what the typical clothing requirements are?

Are most using just fish finders or combo units with GPS? I have an older Eagle fish finder I could probably order a puck transducer for and I assume epoxy in. Seems like the kit at the dealer isn't cheep, but I do know the advantages of GPS and charts.

Are these not weed friendly, wondering if fresh water and weed puts you into paddle and away from mirage foot power.

Love to hook up and see what these are all about if anyone wants to offer a ride in an Outback; trade some plastic for the trouble.

Seems like a really nice option, probably not my ideal winter holdover ride, but maybe so with the appropriate neoprene waders or bottoms.

Finally why not a pro angler for a stand up option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlehook View Post
I agree 100%. I just spent last weekend in the deep water off Grand Bahama in my Outback for a tournament, and I never felt unsafe at any point (except for the 12' hammerhead that circled me a few times).

I moved to the Outback from a Trident 13, and I will never look back.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Got Stripers; 06-22-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote