View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #25
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"I've asked before - we just had 8 years of a Dem gov. and 8 prior of Repub govern. "

And I've responded before with this...the Republican governors were liberal, and had liberal legislatures to work with. Are you aware who crafts budgets and writes laws? It's not the governor, it's the legislature. I'll ask again, please point to any conservative economic principles tat were implemented under te Republican governors? You can't, because there weren't any. Our economic landscape is pure, unchecked liberalism, and the results speak for themselves.
In Conn. the governor submits the proposed budget to the state legislature in February and then The legislature adopts a budget in early summer.

We as a state have decided that we want a certainly level of a saftey net and do not want be like those conserv. utopia states like KS, KY, etc. Utah voters overwhelmingly passed a law to expand medicaid and then the legislature rolled back the scope and impact of the expansion. I think the Maine Rebup. govenor did the same thing even though the feds pays the vast majority. It is bc they viewed those people on medicare as takers and we know how Repub. hate takers.

Those poor (unfortunate) folks hurt by the tornados in Alabama prob. hate the govern and complain constantly about taxes but will have tears of joy when the FEMA trucks start pulling up.

I'll stick w/the liberal states and you can go to the conserv. states. I like that we believe in good education for all, culture, science and the willingness to take care of the less fortunate.