View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 10:46 AM   #153
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
your only about taxes or wealth and totally ignore every other stat which show states run by Rs are in a worse position. other than taxes the R states are near the bottom in most quality of life stats, maternal mortality, low wages, low levels of mental health access, high incarceration rate, healthcare, infrastucture.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...tes-to-live-in

Even Fox business ranks D states better.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...ve-2021-report
"your only about taxes"

You said CT doesn't make it harder to accumulate wealth. I pointed out the fact that our taxes are much higher than average. I believe that makes it harder to accumulate wealth. You apparently disagree, you say it's not that simple, yet you won't say what the CT state government does, which makes it easier to accumulate wealth?

Please list the things that our state government does (not things that some citizens do, but things that the democrats in Hartford enacted) which make it easier for CT residents to accumulate wealth?

Just because a state has a large number of rich/poor people, doesn't mean the state government had an efefct on those people being rich or poor.

Are you saying the town government of Greenwich helped its citizens get rich? Or did they create a place where rich people want to live? Those are two very very different things.

So the GOP is responsible for red states that aren't nice. But liberalism has nothing to do with the plight in Chicago, or how expensive CT is, or anything else bad that happens in blue places.

Paul, there are places in NH where I'd never want to live. But there are also places in NH (as well as NC and SC) where I would want to live, places with a great quality of life and super low taxes.

Can you point me to any places in the country that are in blue states, which have a high quality of life, and super low taxes? Or are all such places in red states?