Thread: Let's Paint!
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #20
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowhunter View Post
Thanks guys, for Iwatas I use my HP-BCS the most. It is a bottle brush but I have a cup that I use on it all the time ,I think it is a Badger cup. I'll use it for primer, main color coat, pearls and clear coat. The other one is a HP-CH that I use for detail, shading and candys.
The spray booth is a design I found online by a very talented carver named Ed Waliki. The dimensions of mine are 42"x 32"x20". There is a separate box below that contains a squirrel cage blower motor from an old furnace. This box draws air from the booth through two 4" hoses into the cage then out through two 4" ducts, out a window. There is so much air moving it could not become an explosive situation due to the small volume an airbrush can produce. Most of the time I'll just set the plug on the front edge of the booth and shoot from outside the box. The inside dimension of the opening is 30"x20"x6", this lip helps to keep fumes inside the booth.

Douglas
Ed passed away last year of cancer, however his designs and work can still be found on fishcarver.com.

He was a truly amazing painter of fish. He's very much missed
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote