Thread: Bob Hahn Wood?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #6
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

On the subject of small plugs, Chris (or anyone else interested in building some little stuff), this thread from years back has dimensions on a small surface swimmer I build that works well.

http://striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/...t=constructive

The plug as described tends to run a bit subsurface which your friend might like. You can switch the lip to a high slot to get something small that goes deep, or back down on the weighting to get something that stays right on top.

Paul also makes a copy of a little Pichney (the lime green plug in the picture). This stays right on top and fishes great. Recently I came across an original but different version of the Pichney plug Paul copied. It is 1/2 " longer and a smaller lip (the one in the picture is missing its second belly hook). I think I saw a picture of a similar Pichney original that only had one belly hook over on SOL.

These little plugs are fun to fish and surprisingly effective on bigger fish. I've caught plenty of fish in the mid to high #20 class with them. Considering the upcoming 2011 year class it is worth building a few.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	little swimmers.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	63662  
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote