View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 01:10 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
funny now you defend scientific advancement.

I did not defend scientific advancement here. Nor did I attack it. Are you referring to things I've said about Anthropogenic Global Warming, or now referred to as Climate Change? I have ultimately said that I am neutral on that subject. I don't know, and have not been convinced one way or the other about it. I have shown arguments against it in rebuttal to arguments for it. That does not show that I am either for or against it.

Actual scientific advancement, I am for. It doesn't need to be defended. It just is. Does it have negative consequences as well as good. Sure, as does every advancement. And, in my opinion, individual freedom is one of the greatest generators of scientific advancement.

Just stop trying to sell the needles you "find" as watershed moments or gotcha pieces to support you narrative..and narrow world view ...
They're not needles. They are gems. And they show the variety of gems that actually exist outside of your limited perspective. I inevitably expect that you will not actually look at the gems or actually comment on them. But somehow make it a poke at my supposed world view or my "agenda." You really don't know what my world view is. I don't expect you to know. I have not given it. What I post in this forum and on these threads is a bare snippet of who I am or what I think. But I don't want to make it about me. That you try to do that is your choice. You are invariably wrong about me, and in that you ignore the gems (which I don't "sell" as you put it) that I offer gratis, and with some time and effort, so much the more you remain in the bubble that the author of the article I posted wrote about.

You did not refute anything she said. You just tried, as usual, to make it about me. Which, of course, allows you to avoid and therefor miss both points--the articles, and who I actually am.