View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 01:43 PM   #63
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
As always, you responded to something I didn't ask. I asked if you think it's a crime, for a police officer to return fire and kill a bystander accidentally? Because your side is upset that he wasn't charged in her death. To charge a cop in her death, necessarily means you think it's a crime to return fire and accidentally miss. What would have to happen, for you to respond to what I said? To respond to what I actually said?

He's not going to get any real time, then we'll riot all over again.
I still don't understand how only one of the cops could get charged. While I'm sure they used forensics to identify which gun's bullets entered the other apartment they were all blasting away. So one gets charged for not being as good of a shot? What if he had killed the pregnant woman or her 5 year old?

I don't think you could get a felony murder charge, but the entire way the operation was run was extremely reckless. The reforms announced are a drop in the bucket as to what's needed.

Another big item, if you don't believe you're a lawbreaker, why would you ever think the police would force entry into your castle? Kenneth Walker thought it was a home invasion, doesn't he have a right to self defense? Where is the 2A crowd on this one?