View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 10:08 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Exhibit A
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Spence, the state of CT economy is deep at the bottom of the toilet because of insane taxes and spending. Every single elected democrat, every single one of them, wants to raise taxes and spend more. You can't talk to these people, it's not possible. They are not persuadable by facts or empirical evidence. All that matters to them, and clearly to you, is ideological purity.

People still listen to Rachael Maddow, she still has credibility, yet for 18 months leading up to the election, she said the only unknown was the size of the rout Hilary was going to win by. And then the Trump tax return disaster.

Paul Krugman said the US economy would never recover from a Trump presidency, and people still pay him to offer opinions.

How wrong do these people have to be, and how often, before people stop listening to them?

I'm sorry, people in San Francisco can poop wherever they feel like, the New Haven Green apparently advertises itself as a place to do drugs without any fear of someone telling you to stop, kids in elementary school get condoms in class but can't get a soft drink, and Willie Horton can go into the ladies room if he just declares "I identify as a woman".

We have our share of individual kooks on the right, no question. But it's not the same degree, the kookiness isn't as widespread, not even close. You want to compare Paul Ryan and Nancy Pelosi? Mitch McConnell and Harry Reid? Please. Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell aren't even real conservatives, neither is Trump although he is executing like one. I don't think elected Republican, as a group, are anywhere near as far to the right, as democrats are to the left. I think the number of elected offices held by each party, supports that conclusion.

Why do you suppose the GOP controls the house, the senate, the oval office, and a large majority of state governorships and legislatures? And they do so, despite the fact that the media and academia couldn't be more left-leaning?