View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
you again seem to be missing the big picture .. are their some good company's sure but please dont try to make those companys reflect the real world ... because i dont work in the private sector dosn't mean those around me do not ... i have seen what the the private sector has done to its workers good and bad .. My wife has been at the same nursing home for 20 years as an LPN all she get is a pay check 2 weeks Vac and 5 sick days a year ... no retirement plan healthcare plan thats worthless .. its a for profit company been sold several times .. lets not get started on the food and other ares involving those who live there... I am sure reduced regulation isn't going to benefit them ( and please dont try the go some where else becasue its the industry it the same where ever you go )

in 2011, almost half of working Americans were not offered a retirement account by their employer —

Other groups with high participation rates include those covered by a union contract (82%, as opposed to 56% of those without a union contract), public sector employees (82%) and those at firms of 1,000+ employees (74%).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurash.../#6857e0602152

in 2011, almost half of working Americans were not offered a retirement account by their employer —

Its hard to play into retirement when your company's making profits
and you just got a 25 cent raise so now your at 15 bucks
"My wife has been at the same nursing home for 20 years as an LPN all she get is a pay check 2 weeks Vac and 5 sick days a year ... no retirement plan healthcare plan thats worthless "

Here's what you don't get. If her nursing home paid the LPNs and CNAs as much as a registered nurse makes at a hospital, the nursing home would be bankrupt in a month. Why? Because you cannot have more than there is.

My insurance company sells lots of professional liability policies to nursing homes. I know a lot about that business. Most of them barely break even.

If your wife wants more pay and better perks, she needs to acquire the necessary qualifications for a better position.

Being a CNA or an LPN at a nursing home is a tough job. Hard work, stress, some real responsibility, but not great pay. The great pay is for RNs and above.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-28-2017 at 09:35 AM..