View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #77
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
From the Washington Times...

Clinton said, putting photos on Social Security cards would represent 'a way forward that eliminates error,' without having to 'paralyze and divide a country with significant challenges.'”

Now, since you keep refusing to answer my question, I'll make it a nice fill-in-the-blank.

"Conservatives want to require a photo id to vote. This would apply equally to all, regardless of color. Those who don't drive can get another government-issued id. Blacks and whites will have equal access to these id's. Yet, I, Spence, claim this will disproportionately effect blacks because __________________"

Stop saying that it's a racist plot just because Al Sharpton and Ed Schultz say so. Tell me in your own words, please, where the racism comes into play.

You really, really backed yourself into a corner here.
Actually no, you validated my assumption that you're opinion is based off of what someone else wants you to believe. Let's go to the tape...

Quote:
“Any time you erect a barrier to political participation that disproportionately affects people based on their race or their physical capacity or their income — or whether they've got a car to drive far enough and can afford the gasoline to get to a place where they can get an approved photo ID — any time you do any of that ... it undermines the sprit of the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act,”

Bill Clinton - 9/14
Jim, Clinton was speaking out against voter ID laws, but suggested that a photographic SS card could be a way to ease potential voter suppression caused by state laws.

I'm sorry to have to break this to you.

-spence