Thread: Debate #2
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #38
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I also love when Obama says he "created 5 million jobs", which conveniently ignores the 5 million jobs he lost during his first 18 months. Unemployment was 7.8% in January 2009, and it is 7.8% today. In total (and that's the only fair way to measure it), he has had zero net job gains. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Bupkus.
It's a critical metric when you take over at the very tip of a massive purging of jobs. Without the job creation the unemployment rate would be in the teens...

Nobody can turn the economy around overnight and considering the depth of the recession even in a few years...can't be done in a global economy.

Today, unemployment is backing down, personal savings is up, the housing market is starting to recover and corporate profits are looking pretty good. I've read that the improving housing market could drive better than expected performance overall in 2013.

Romney is promising his policy will create 12 million new jobs, except they're already projecting 12 million new jobs under the current trajectory set by Obama's policies.

I hate to break it to you, but it's working.

-spence