Thread: New Home Sales
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 06:57 AM   #11
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
My major concern is the supply chain continuing to slow down or shut down for building materials and supplies... Starting to see some restocking of PT, but up 40-60% from March 1 pricing. Decking still slow to arrive. I ordered mine in early June. Missed the 3-4 day initial expected date. Then the 3-4 weeks date. then the Aug 1st date. Now waiting to see if it arrives next week. Or not. Then roofing is down to four colors and dwindling supply. No rubber gloves for weeks. And on and on. Phuk China... I think we slow down drastically by late November/December.
China sucks....my stair parts supplier sent me five newel posts for a stairway i was building...I opened all five and found them all to be defective junk...I asked him where they came from....CHINA!

Only supply problem we're having is the PT......other than that we are moving right along with several houses being framed at once.
I wouldnt mind a slowdown soon....things are way to hectic right now.
In 47 years of working as a carpenter... I have never been out of work...be it a recession or a pandemic..worked right through all of them....also I believe that I could go just about anywhere and find work...and not just survive but succeed.
I'm seeing help wanted signs everywhere I go. This economy will be stronger than ever after the re-election.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote