View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #19
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
It's not like any of us mentioned what would happen with one party rule. We just got an agenda rammed down the throats of hardworking American's. Congrats. YOU turned America into Massachusetts. Nothing can be done to stop it short of a revolution. Can't wait for Pelousi,I mean Obama, to start her Supreme Court picks. Then they can change the Constitution.:claps
The speed in which people forget 8 years of a Republican president and 6 years of a Republican controlled congress is what got us into this mess. Copious amounts of deregulation in congress, combined with the fact that every one of Bush's financial advisers and appointees decided to turn a blind eye are what brought us to where we are now. You want to blame someone for our *current* state - blame your neo-conservative, lord and savior Bush. It is the policies that he drove down our throats resulting in our current state.

Maybe if we didn't dump almost $1trillion into frivolous, republican driven wars in the Middle East, we'd have that money to use here in the US. Or if the entire focus of every political decision was not based on the "War on Terror" or Iran or Arlen Spector (a Republican) investigating the Patriots or my favorite - the republican driven "Freedom Fries" (remember that waste of time?).

As I've said before, for every baseless reason someone wants to give me for why we're in this current economic state and why it's the democrats' fault, I'll give you a dozen more why it's not.

I'm not even taking into consideration the 25 years that the Has-been McCain didn't do a damn thing in Congress and how he'd look like a deer in headlights trying to deal with these issues. He couldn't even manage his campaign and you think he'd manage the country better?