View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 10:25 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Too bad Adam Lanza and Dylan Roof weren't Muslim.
Paul, I know you don't like it when I generalize...but liberals have a very common and tiresome habit, of responding to something very different from what was actually said.

Paul, if I said "every murder since the dawn of time has been carried out by Islamic terrorists who came here as refugees", then your response (that culling Muslim immigration wouldn't reduce murders to zero) would be valid. Since I never said anything remotely close to that, your response isn't remotely close to being pertinent.

No single legislative item will eliminate all crime. But we should be able to agree on common sense, low-hanging fruit.

I said that Trump's plan might reduce the likelihood of future attacks like the one that just happened at Ohio State. Why do I say that? Because (1) Trump's proposal is to suspend Muslim immigration from refugees fleeing known terror hotspots, and (2) the Ohio State terror attack was carried out by a Muslim refugee from a known terror hotspot. Is that really going too fast for you? I hardly think so.

Will that eliminate the violence in Chicago every weekend? No. Will it eradicate mass shootings carried out by the mentally ill? No. Will it reduce the likelihood of future attacks like the one we just saw? Yes.