View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 01:38 PM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
For an actual conversation on critical race theory, I happen to know of a podcast you might be interested in.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/19/o...us-racism.html
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I read the transcript and listened to the podcast. It is a conversation around CRT and a disclaimer of what it is not, But it is not a substantial description of what it is. Nor is it even a resounding affirmation of it. They have a general agreement that the theory as propounded in the 1970's was interesting and somewhat useful, but the panelists don't agree that the current iteration of CRT as it is being used is the same as the original. McWhorter says that it was an interesting idea that transmogrified into something that's gone over the rails.

I tried viewing a video by Kimberle Crenshaw, one of the scholars who expound the theory, but her style couldn't hold my attention.

The video I posted just before your post deals with the impact on minorities other than Black. CRT, at least the current version, seems to deal with black victimhood of white supremacy as a systemic problem. But Asians somehow manage to thrive in spite of the supposed systemic barriers against non-whites.

Last edited by detbuch; 05-20-2021 at 02:49 PM..