Thread: This Market...
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 08:16 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Please tell us who said it would be over in a month? Who? Who are you responding to? No sane financial advisor ever told anyone to buy stocks on the dip and use the profits to pay your mortgage at the end of the month. Your time horizon needs to me measured in years, not months.

If you bought an S&P 500 index fund in any of those bear markets, there was time within the next few years that you did terrific.

But you know more about finance than Larry Kudlow, obviously. He's associated with Trump, so he can't be competent and dedicated, it's not humanly possible. He has to be an idiot and a crook.

YOU are the one acting as if a month matters, by stating (correctly) that if you bought when the DJIA was at 25k, you are now down. It doesn't matter how you're doing 7 days later. It matters how you did from the time you bought, to the time you sold.

Even professionals who try to time the bottom, usually can't do it, and often they wait too long and get back in when things have rebounded higher. You don't want to miss much of the rebound, because that's the opportunity.

If you buy a good mutual fund today with money you won't need for a few years, there's a 95% chance you'll make a killing. Ask anyone who bought in late 2008 or early 2009.

No one here saw you make a post about the economy until 10 days ago. You are giddy about this because you see the political opportunity. And you're right to be giddy about it from that perspective, as Biden had little chance if the DJIA was at 30,000 and more importantly, if unemployment was below 4%. The level of the DJIA means absolutely nothing to anyone who isn't selling that day. Unemployment levels, matter a lot more.

You've never posted once about the benefits of low unemployment during this administration. Not once. If it skyrockets, how long before you post? The first report that unemployment shot up (and it's likely coming soon, could easily be over 10% soon), you'll quickly ejaculate and then post about it.
No #^&#^&#^&#^& sherlock
What's your point?
I said no bear market has ever been over in a month, are you saying one has?
If you have a limited amount of capital and want to limit your risk, wait.
If you think this market has bottomed out or is even close, feel free to buy now.
All I said is that you have time, no bear has ended in a month.
You claimed that you would borrow to buy, odd that you haven't, all hat no cattle, full of baloney as usual.
Numbers matter and buying an index fund when the dow is at 15K is better than 29K
And just think, even if you bought in 07 you are better off today.

Glad you can read minds and decide my motives, your super powers are amazing. I leave the praising of Trump* to you, you are relentless in your fealty.

Senator Burrs comments from 3 weeks ago to a private meeting about the expected ramifications of coronavirus show just how much this administration has been hiding from the public what will be known to history as the Trump* plague.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin