Thread: Bush sucks!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 11:11 AM   #34
spence

I don't think there's any doubt that Bush's energy policy is designed to benefit business profit ahead of environmental protection. There's simply no excuse for ignoring science and insisting global warming doesn't exist.

Plants like Brayton Point are a serious health risk to locals (like me) and are only allowed to operate because of greased pockets. Brayton Point is a massive cash cow for PG&E and belches out more pollution than any other plan in NE I believe.

Bush has replaced a host of Govt regulators with former special interest representatives. The wolves are literally guarding the hen house. In North Dakota recently EPA scientists laughed at a proposal to build a new coal burning plan because the state was already exceeding govt clean air restrictions. Rather than use new cleaner technology the power company just used new math to show they wouldn't be polluting. The scientists ruling was overturned by EPA officials planted by the Administration.

As for Bush and his Air Guard service. I believe most objective people believe Bush skipped out of the Guard and used connections to get his spot initially as well as get out early.

I don't really care, nor do I care about Kerry going overboard with his war protests. They both made mistakes, it was 35 years ago and it's old news.

Slap, the warcrimes thing is stooopid. Find a real issue to talk about

-spence
spence is online now   Reply With Quote