Thread: Palin's speach
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 05:27 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Tell me again.
How many times as senator did Obama vote Present !!!
Curious if you know what that even means?

She certainly delivered as expected, it was a job well done, although not exactly in a hostile environment.

Her life story was endearing, but also really reinforced her podunk image that detractors wish to emphasise.

She presented a very skewed version of the truth here as well. She did raise taxes, she was initially for the bridge to nowhere etc...

From what I've read her taking on big oil and corruption is real and this was, to me at least, the most compelling part of her speech.

The policy portion of the speech will turn off a lot of people. It was clearly not in her voice and she was talking about things she knows little about. They were trying to take her around the world like she's up on foreign issues when she's rarely left town.

To me she didn't have the credibility to deliver such sarcastic and mean spirited attacks. It looked instead of a fresh person newly ordained into the Republican negative campaign machine that everyone was sick of under Bush/Rove.

I also noticed she steered clear of the social conservative hot buttons that will turn moderate voters off...

The Dems certainly have to worry if she's going to be a new voice that people will work to pay attention to. But on the other hand, she may have been received so well last night that McCain won't be able to equal her performance. This could throw his campaign out of balance rather than give it a boost.

But the whining about the media isn't going to play outside of that hall. She's certainly invited herself some blistering coverage over the next two months if skeletons jump from the closet or her mouth betrays her.

-spence