View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Bees swarm chinmey flue, into wood stove

Sitting in the family room I am hearing buzzing. Not just the buzzing of one bee, but buzzing like the heavey drone of a B-25 buzzing. I then looked up at the ceiling windows and see about fifty bees. Other windows had some bees in them but only a few. I then see about fifteen bees in between the glass in the front of the stove and where the door drops down. Those ones are struggling and in fact died. Bee keeper later says soot kills them. So now I spray this chit in the house that your not supposed to spray in the house and I catch it for that. Bev gets advice about closing off the room, which of course we now have done. Looks like we are protecting ourselves from radiation or somesthing.

Anyways at one time I could hear a chitload of buzzing in the stove and the flue. It has dissipated somewhat, and she went and bought some stuff that you can spray in the hosue but you have to cover everything beforehand.

So the beekeeper implored me not to spray anymore than I have to, because bees are becoming endangered, but beekeeper isn't so distressed about the bees eating the soot and dying from that though.

Anyways, it looks like this is going to cost about what a decent rod and reel would cost.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote