View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 01:18 PM   #10
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamie View Post
They didn't think too much about that ladder and PT lumber, need to modify that before someone bites it.
Work in progress, owners only had last summer since acquiring title to the light. They put a new ladder one out on the edge of the platform, a storm took fast care of that one!

Quote:
On the ship they term that going aloft. And after filling out the safety paperwork BS you need to be all harnessed up with fall arresting gear.......that is what that center pipe going up to the platform is for to hook into.
Mike wondered and Dave didn't really know what that center pipe on the stairs was for, he's going to remove it We signed our life away, too. Sure the girls would have felt much safer harnessed up!

Quote:
I am assuming at one time there was a nice Fresnel lense on the light and was removed when automated? That looks like a little bitty ting now. Kind of a dinky a$$ fog signal for a lighthouse.
Original optic: First-order Fresnel lens
Present optic: VRB-25 (right)

When it went into service, Graves Light was measured at 380,000 candlepower. The light was later upgraded to 3.2 million candlepower, and for many years it was the most powerful light in New England. The station was also equipped with a powerful Daboll fog trumpet.

Quote:
No one rang the Bell???
I did, 2 rings and sounded good!

Quote:
Love the Diagonal windows. Couldn't tell from the goPro but were those window panes flat or were they contoured to the radius of the frame.
Everything is contoured. The GoPro itself has the updated flat lens minizing curvature.

Quote:
Bet you if you spent the night you'd hear more than a few spooky voices in there. Looks pretty Squatchy.
I'd have no problem spending a night. The owners actually want to be out there during a MAJOR storm!

Last edited by PRBuzz; 03-23-2015 at 01:23 PM..

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote