View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #13
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

I understand what your saying but also have sat here and watched many things be rammed down our throats by politicians such as #^&#^&#^&#^& Moore who lives in my hometown.

3 years ago we got mandated to have prescription drug coverage in Ma. problem is it added $126 a month to the hmo. We don't use it. The mass politicians deemed it proper we pay it though.

Then at the same time the following year they made it mandatory to have health insurance. Problem here is they added (and was said at the time) 300k more people to health insurance roles...this should have made the resulting cost of coverage drop significantly.... but it went up 25% that year too...I don't get sick. I don't go to the doctor because I don't need to. Kids get sick a few times a season. Few trips to the Dr and that's it. If this whole thing was done right we should be rewarded for paying and not using it.

The state gave these guys a HUGE bone but forcing this, and every single health company was instantly spending THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS in tv and radio ads to draw people to their service...why? Because they got a captive audience now to sell to and they're raking in the dough now as a result.

This is one of the underlying problems that sent this country into the recession it's in right now. Right now I'm looking at a 25% increase in 2 weeks. It's now more than my home mortgage and I don't have a choice in it.