View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 09:59 PM   #20
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.orlando View Post
So you infringed on them by setting up too close, and then want them to change how they were happily fishing before you got there? Please don't fish down current from me. 7 miles long...you didn't have to set up 50ft from them in their drift
Once again, this is the first time in some 20+ years fishing that section of the canal that I have seen ANYONE drifting live bait east of PIP's at low tide. There have been plenty of bait slingers, but they are "occupying" about as much shore line as those fishing lures.

Now I am not bashing bait anglers, but rather the choice to fish an area that, based of structure (or lack of it) causes their line to quickly drift very close to shore.

I mean, exactly how is someone supposed to know that the 100 foot section of the canal shore they are planning to fish is already claimed by some other anglers 50+ feet away?
Do you go up to each and every angler and ask what they are fishing and EXACTLY where they are fishing their baits?

Once again, I was surprised that I was snagging their line on my back cast, not out in front of me, so that their lines were basically sitting 10 feet from shore in 2-3 feet of water.

That's all I was saying.

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote